Re: [openpgp] AEAD Chunk Size

2019-03-28 13:54:52
On 3/28/19 at 5:30 AM, justuswinter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com (Justus Winter) wrote:

For me, using an unbounded amount of memory is not an option for a
component processing OpenPGP data if we want to build robust systems
on top.

Can't you follow Jon's advice:

On 3/20/19 at 12:36 PM, joncallas=40icloud(_dot_)com(_at_)dmarc(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org (Jon Callas) wrote:

To address your point, as I said in my long missive, you can do this today. No changes are needed to the protocol. All you have to do is put a compression preference on your key that says no compression, and then you won’t get compression. (Well, to be completely correct, if someone compresses then they’re non-compliant to the standard.) Repeating myself, I support and encourage implementations to do that by default.

You can then treat any message that uses compression as malicious and refuse to process it.

Cheers - Bill