Re: [openpgp] Web Key Directory and CORS

2019-04-03 07:08:10
Hi Daniel,

On 03.04.2019 13:47, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
thanks, this is super useful.  Could you propose text to be added to
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koch-openpgp-webkey-service as
deployment guidance?

Sure. I'll check out other RFCs for a formal language and I'll be back with a patch.

neat, thanks for this!  It's a shame that it can't produce PGP/MIME
messages, but rather does inline PGP, but i can see that's a limitation
of mailto: itself.

Yes, lack of PGP/MIME is sadly not there, on the other hand the entire page has just 7 lines of readable JavaScript (not counting OpenPGP.js of course).

I'm assuming this is yours as well:
https://metacode.biz/openpgp/web-key-directory

that's very useful testing harness.  It doesn't seem to match draft -07
though, because it's missing the l= query parameter
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koch-openpgp-webkey-service-07#section-3.1),
and i can't tell whether it tries the "openpgpkey.*" subdomain first.

Yes, that's mine and yes it hasn't been updated to match latest drafts. Sadly the amount of time I can spend on it is very scarce but bringing it up to date is definitely on my TODO list.

Many thanks for putting concrete testing infrastructure in place for
this, and walking through what such a tool needs to be useful in the
browser-based message composition context!

No problem. Actually that's what I like in standards - implementations work in a wide variety of environments and still interoperate with each other.

Kind regards,
Wiktor

--
https://metacode.biz/@wiktor