Re: [openpgp] Spoofing OpenPGP and S/MIME Signatures in Emails

2019-04-30 08:19:53

Hiya,

On 30/04/2019 13:29, ilf wrote:
https://github.com/RUB-NDS/Johnny-You-Are-Fired
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RUB-NDS/Johnny-You-Are-Fired/master/paper/johnny-fired.pdf

Great work, thanks! I guess that's another fine
demonstration that code that's not really used
in anger enough tends to have lots of frailties;-(

A comment and a question:

- I think it'd be a fine thing if this were to be
  presented at an IETF meeting - if some of the
  authors are going to be at one of those (or
  would present remotely) then contacting the
  security area directors and asking for a slot at
  some saag session would be a fine thing.

- I wasn't clear how to interpret the missing
  combinations from Table 2, e.g. does the lack of
  mention of the Linux/TB/Enigmail combination mean
  that it was not vulnerable to the attacks or that
  it was not tested? (Or that it's almost certainly
  vulnerable but you'd already broken so much so well,
  it wasn't worth specifically documenting;-)

Cheers,
S.