Re: [openpgp] Privacy-preserving Transferable Public Keys

2019-06-14 00:55:25
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 23:59, HeikoStamer(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net said:

I'll change that in DKGPG soon, however, to avoid trouble IMHO some kind
of self-signature is still required (e.g. type 0x1f).

Right.  Most properties of an OpenPGP key are conveyed via
self-signatures.  Thus for general use they are really important.  Derek
has a very special use case and that is why the need for a
self-signature has been dropped.  Almost all other applications still
need them.

Direct key signatures can of course be used but we do not have much
experience with them.  I fear that some OpenPGP implementations will not
work correctly if only such a direct key self-signature is available.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner