[openpgp] [internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] New Version Notification for draft-dkg-openpgp-stateless-cli-02.txt

2020-03-06 21:13:38
Hi OpenPGP folks--

I just posted a new version of the "sop" draft for a Stateless OpenPGP
command-line API.

Name:           draft-dkg-openpgp-stateless-cli
Revision:       02
Title:          Stateless OpenPGP Command Line Interface
Document date:  2020-03-06
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          33
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dkg-openpgp-stateless-cli-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dkg-openpgp-stateless-cli
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dkg-openpgp-stateless-cli-02

Abstract:
   This document defines a generic stateless command-line interface for
   dealing with OpenPGP messages, known as "sop".  It aims for a
   minimal, well-structured API covering OpenPGP object security.

Changelog from the document history:

substantive changes between -01 and -02:

 * Added mnemonics for return codes
 * `decrypt` should fail when asked to output to a pre-existing file
 * Removed superfluous `--armor` option
 * Much more specific about what `armor --label=auto` should do
 * `armor` and `dearmor` are now fully idempotent, but work only well-formed
OpenPGP streams
 * Dropped `armor --allow-nested`
 * Specified what `encrypt --as=` means
 * New error code: `KEY_IS_PROTECTED`
 * Documented expectations around human-readable, human-transferable passwords
 * New subcommand: `detach-inband-signature-and-message`
 * More specific guidance about special designators like `@FD:` and `@ENV:`,
including new error codes `UNSUPPORTED_SPECIAL_PREFIX` and `AMBIGUOUS_INPUT`

I'll be updating the "sop" python module to match this revision shortly.

As always, i welcome feedback, either here on-list, on
https://gitlab.com/dkg/openpgp-stateless-cli, or by private e-mail if
you prefer.

Many thanks to the different folks who gave me feedback on the draft.

     --dkg