[openpgp] looking for co-editor volunteers

2020-12-22 08:37:02

Hi all,

Now that we're an official WG again, we'd like to get going
in the new year tackling the various changes to 4880 that
are included in our charter. As was brought up on the list
previously, part of that is that we want to identify a co-editor to work with Werner on the new version of the WG
draft.

As there's been a bit of a history here (that we don't need
to revisit) we think it'll be better if the co-editor is
someone perceived by WG participants as not necessarily
being committed to all the text in the current draft-10.

We're looking in particular for someone who will help the
group stick to the charter, listen to input from multiple
parties, help the chairs ascertain the consensus of the list,
and translate that info into actionable changes to the
repository.  We expect that an editor will want to be
comfortable with (or be ok getting comfortable with) git
and markdown.

So, if you're up for doing that, please send mail to the
chairs at openpgp-chairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org (not the list, just the
chairs!) before Jan 6th and we'll see what we end up with.

Around or soon after that date, we'll also send some mail
to the list with details of specific issues to try tackle
first, use of issue trackers, possible interim meetings and
all the other necessary bureaucracy for which WG chairs
are famous:-)

Cheers,
S&D.