Re: [openpgp] Multi-algo pubkey, or how to create future-proof keys

2021-06-21 04:50:42
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 03:16, Ángel said:

Regarding scope, it seems suitable to include into the cryptography
revision and, although not strictly required, being included with a
major version would probably be helpful.

This is not part of the WG charter and thus this should be deferred for
a future revision.  It is also possible, as you noted, that this can be
done as a new algo. Fortunately 4480bis has a goal to make it easier to
come up with new algorithms.

n any case, it is always possible to write an I-D for an extension of
OpenPGP. We did this for ECC and I think this is the best way for new
experimental algorithms.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner