Re: [openpgp] Subkeys of Subkeys

2021-09-21 06:35:40
Hi Paul :)

Paul Schaub <vanitasvitae(_at_)fsfe(_dot_)org> writes:

Allowing for such constructions would be interesting for per-device
keys in multi-device settings:

Yes, we'd like to improve multi-device support using per-device keys as
well.

I see no obvious issues which might prevent this, apart from the
ambiguous definition quoted above.
Has anyone already experimented with such constructions? If so, did you
encounter any issues which would need to be taken into consideration?

We considered it, and I talk (see [0] and [1]) about that in the context
of bringing forward-secrecy to OpenPGP (see also [2] if you are into
that).  We have also constructed a test vector [3], but unsurprisingly,
no implementation supports that [4].

0: https://sequoia-pgp.org/talks/2018-08-moving-forward/moving-forward.pdf
1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6oYjikAPY
2: https://gitlab.com/sequoia-pgp/openpgp-dr/-/tree/wip-openpgp