Re: [openpgp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-openpgp-crypto-refresh-05.txt

2022-03-07 19:29:44

Hi all,

This draft is the current output from the design team that's
been meeting weekly to try progress things. That work isn't
yet complete but it's getting there - it seems we're nearly
at a point where the in-scope issues and merge-requests [1]
are down to small numbers. There are some of those that we
plan to discuss with the broader WG during IETF-113 and on
the list. (I'll post a draft agenda for 113 shortly.)

The design team reckon that this draft is one that is suited
for implementers to try out, so if you are likely to want to
implement the crypto-refresh output from the WG, this version
is a good one in which to invest some coding effort to see
how  much the DT has gotten right and wrong so far from your
point of view. (Design team members with implementations are
also doing that at the moment.)

IOW - we'd really love to get implementer feedback on this
draft that we can incorporate into the design team's work
and into a hopefully not-too-distant working group last
call.

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/