[Fwd: BOF, not final]

2000-07-31 18:04:16

--- Begin Message ---
Michael,

I sent the note you are responding to a few weeks ago, when you said there
would be no BOF.  I am now planning to come to the dinner.

Also, I was contacted today by Matt Haines of Inktomi.  He plans to come
to the BOF dinner and the wrec meeting.  I'll forward the info to him.

Dave

"Michael W. Condry" wrote:

We are going to have then official BOF dinner on Thursday, I thought
you were coming. On Friday, we have time at WREC.

Now, I have been invited to the private session on working
group futures for applications and will go.

If not enough folks are interested in the dinner I will just cancel
it

Dave Farber wrote:

If we don't have an official BOF, should we have an unofficial one?
Wrec is not scheduled either, from what I can see, nor is there an iCAP BOF.
I'm wondering whether I should even plan to go....

Dave

"Michael W> Condry" wrote:

There is not a final word on the BOF. However, I talked to Patrick, and
he said
there was significant problem with slots at IETF48. He did not know about
our BOF status but he had to turn down 4 BOFs and several extra working
group requests because of slot space.

Sooooo, its likely that we will not get a BOF this time. However,
regardless
we may be shooting for a Working group in IETF49!

There is a lot of interest here!

--- End Message ---