Re:PSRL: A Rule Specification Language for Proxy Services

2000-11-27 10:06:07
Have you seen the I-D by Beck and Hofmann?

At 07:37 AM 11/27/00 +0000, Shuvendu Dang wrote:
Hi,
        Can we have a "Pre-Requisite" element also. This
element is basically for matching rules only if a
previous rule has(has not) been matched for that
particular message transaction (consisting of a
request and response message).
        Means for a rule to be triggered say at the Proxy
Response point, a previous rule must have been(or must
have not been) triggered at say the Client Request
point.
        This will make way for rules getting triggered on
whether a previous rule has been triggered or not at
any "processing-point"(or "filter-point"), and not
just on nested "property" elements at that
"processing-point"(only for one message transaction
and the pre-reqisites are only valid for rules within
one rule module).
        (Does this make sense???). Comments awaited.

=====
SHUVENDU DANG
Student Intern
Sun Microsystems India Pvt. Ltd.