iCAP Transformation Question

2001-06-11 15:26:07
Personal StationeryHi,

I was going through iCAP protocol and had a question about section 4.1
[Request Modification].

When the request is sent to the ICAP server for transformation, can the type
of the request be transformed e.g. can a GET request be transformed to a
POST request. There is no clause which restricts the extent of
transformation. Is it possible to document that such a transformation can or
cannot occur and to which extent a request or a response can be transformed.

One more scenario that I can think of is where a "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" response
be modified to be some error response like "HTTP/1.1 401 UNAUTHORIZED". Are
these cases possible??

Thanx.

--Bhavin Doshi.