Re: Whither OPES? [was: Antigen found W32/Hybris(_dot_)gen(_at_)MM (McAfee4,Sophos) virus]

2001-07-11 08:48:37

And deploying ESI prevents this?
At 09:11 PM 7/10/2001 -0700, Mark Nottingham wrote:

Hi Valdis. Hi Kieth.

I was speaking of the heuristic to invoke vectoring, not the
application semantics. Please re-read. Apply sarcasm where
appropriate.

The point is, deploying a working OPES means that people will have
more opportunity to stick their noses where they don't belong, and to
ignore application semantics on the grounds of "well, the vectoring
technology takes care of that." Just think - with OPES, anyone with
half a clue (or less) and a OPES server can interpose their newest,
niftiest 'value-added service' into your application data stream.

What fun.

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/