iCAP capbilities?: Viruswall, CarrierScan,

2001-12-11 09:23:50

All,

Does anyone still have an "image" (for NT) of an older version of Trend
Micro "VirusWall" that supports iCAP?  Apparently they have abandoned
support for iCAP in that product, though some of their datasheets still
talk about compliance -
http://www.antivirus.com/download/datasheets/isvw_icap2001ed.pdf . We'd
appreciate the chance to install and evaluate/experiment with it, with
the iCAP part of key interest of course.

We are also trying to evaluate Symantec CarrierScan_Server iCAP
capabilities and finding that it does not respond to iCAP requests in a
way we'd expect.  Has anyone played with it enough to know the
particular details that it expects (e.g. beyond that it claims iCAP 0.95
support)?  (it seems to *always* respond with HTTP 504 (gateway
timeout), regardless of the iCAP method the client sends)

Thanks for any info,

Ben Falchuk.
Telcordia Technologies, Inc.
mailto:bfalchuk(_at_)research(_dot_)telcordia(_dot_)com