Re: Content Provider Notification: Summary: Please provide feedback ASAP

2002-06-10 11:37:25

Fine with me.

Hilarie

Abbie Barbir wrote:

All,

Following the thread on Content Provider Notification, it seems to me that no
conclusion could be made about the course of action.

There were proposals and counter proposals with no way of determining that a
general conclusion that the group could live with was reached.

However, it seems to me that if properly phrased, the following should be added to
the architecture document.

"
The presence of an OPES processor in the data request/responce flow SHALL NOT
interfere with the operations of non-OPES aware clients and servers. OPES
processors, content server and content consumer MAY use OPES extensions to
the base protocol (HTTP), but support of these extensions SHALL NOT be required."

I am proposing to add this extra requirement to the architecture document
provided that i do not get negative feedback(S).

Furtheremore, I think that the topic of general notification should be delayed
for a later stage. This will be mentioned in the draft also.

Please give feedback by the end of the day. The new -01 draft will be comming out soon.

Abbie