Re: FW: publish draft: draft-ietf-opes-authorization-01

2003-02-03 08:24:10

Weisong Shi wrote:

I don't think the notion of group and membership is a good idea here. Sometime, it is incorrect. For example, let assume user Alice wants service 1 and service 2, and in the order 1,2. user Bob wants service 2 and service 1 too, but in the order 2,1. In this case, without calling the service for each request send by either Alice or Bob, we can not guarantee the correcness of service execution.

In this particular case, you could specify two separate groups - the first one includes users who 'subscribed' to executing service 1 followed by service 2, and a second group of users who 'subscribed' to executing the two services in reverse order. The notion of groups is still beneficial, since there can be multiple users in both groups.