RE: protocol core now, transport/encoding later

2003-02-17 13:40:28

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Abbie Barbir wrote:

-- good questions that u raise, however, the questions should have
been answered in the protocol requirements draft, so i suggest that
we start from there.

Abbie,

        My understanding is that the requirements draft does not
answer those questions. Moreover, there is no clear boundary between
protocol requirements and actual decision points in protocol design.
The requirements may be very specific or quite general. We ended up
with general requirements. Fine. The requirements stage is now behind
us, and I would like to avoid going back unless absolutely necessary.
Regardless of how we answer the questions raised, the resulting
protocol is likely to satisfy the requirements draft, and that's all
we should care about. It is time for specific protocol-level work,
IMO.

If my understanding is wrong, and some of the questions are already
clearly answered by the requirements draft, please quote these
answers, and we will move on.

Thank you,

www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite