Re: plug-out?

2003-03-03 12:06:28

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, jfcm wrote:

I had to explain what is an OPES to developers today, and I came
with the formula, it is a "plug-out". That is the same as a plug-in
function, but on the network side as in totality or in part it can
be on the network.

Would you agree with that? I do not know if is good English and very
accurate. But people caught the concept immediately.

To me, an OPES callout server is a plugin into OPES processor. OPES,
as a whole, is a proxy service, possibly a content modifying proxy
service. It may be viewed as a plugin into an application protocol
proxy, to a certain extent.