ICAP extensions for parsing av responses? (fwd)

2003-04-02 09:59:02

-- The message below documents "feedback" or "additional info"
   functionality that OCP MAY want to support and that ICAP does
   not support directly. I am forwarding this to the group so that we
   keep similar functional requirements in mind. I do not know yet
   whether it is actually a good idea to support them. An alternative
   is to task the callout server with inserting additional info (if
   any) into the application message itself, essentially preventing
   further automated processing and analysis.  Alex.

        ---------- Forwarded message ----------
        Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:01:09 +0200
        From: Rainer Link <link(_at_)foo(_dot_)fh-furtwangen(_dot_)de>
        To: ICAP-Discussions(_at_)yahoogroups(_dot_)com
        Subject: ICAP extensions for parsing av responses? (was: Re:
            [ICAP-Discussions] NetCache and subscriber ID or client IP ..
            Question)

As we're on topic wrt ICAP extensions. For my samba-vscan project
(http://www.openantivirus.org/projects.php), which allows on-access
scanning of Samba shares, I wrote a very basic icap-client module. It
currently works only with Symantec AntiVirus Engine (why? please see
below).

The response from SAVE looks like

$  ./icap-client ~/eicar.com -ssr
[..]
ICAP/1.0 403 Forbidden. Infected And Not Repaired
ISTag: "1049280360"