RE: OCP header encoding

2003-05-16 13:22:36

At 21:10 16/05/03, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> As for optimization - short aliases you've mentioned in another
> message looks like a very good idea. It helps with all headers (not
> just those one wants to ignore) and may result in much bigger
> overall saving. And the best thing in it - it is optional!

That is also the worst thing about them -- you cannot force the peer
to use them and, hence, cannot guarantee any savings for yourself
(other than having to write shorter strings). It would be interesting
to know SIP folks experience with that optimization.

I like this very much. Clean and terse. I like elegant texts:
you "feel" they make more robust code. And they do because
you see discrepancies better and they curb you in taking extra
care and in being simpler.

This long text option could be used only for specification and
debuging and turned down for operations and final product.
jfc