HTTP/OCP protocol binding

2003-05-30 03:32:50

Hi,

I think it is time to start thinking about application protocol bindings.
As we agreed, HTTP first.

This will help to validate OCP core and to detect some potential problems.
In addition we can then soon start to develop some prototypes that help
verifying whether the procotol works.

Here are some first questions regarding HTTP/OCP:

- Transactions for HTTP requests/responses
How do OCP transactions look like and differ if they are used at activation
points 1-2 and 3-4, i.e. OCP transactions for HTTP requests and responses; or
REQMOD vs. RESPMOD for us ICAP guys.

- HTTP meta data
Will HTTP headers be simply the payload of a meta-have message?
Is the first line special? Will it be coded into named parameters of meta-have
messages?
What about the empty line between HTTP header and body? Does it belong to the
meta data?

- Message length and transfer encoding
How to handle HTTP message body in chunked transfer encoding? Remove the
encoding before sending via OCP?
What is with the Content-Length header? Who is responsible for
adding/changing/removing it?
Asynchronous OCP data handling and persistent HTTP/1.0 connections is not easy.

Do you have some ideas, comments, answers and additional questions?

Regards
Martin