Re: Capability Negotiation for OCP

2003-06-04 14:15:17

At 09:21 04/06/03 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On ordering, that may be a difficult dependency to evolve away from
> once it has been introduced.

I agree, but some ordering is impossible to avoid. For example, one
may want to encrypt connection before talking about _anything_ else.
That introduces an order dependency: negotiate encryption first and
everything else later. Authentication has a similar side-effect (I
will not negotiate with you about anything else until I know who you
are).

Oh yes... I was referring to ordering in the very narrow sense of lexical ordering within a capability expression having a bearing on what the expression actually means.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK(_at_)NineByNine(_dot_)org>