property element in draft-beck-opes-irml-03

2003-08-13 09:30:19

I am confused by the "property" element.

   3.6.1   The "property" Element

   The "property" element represents a rule condition and MAY contain
   one or more other "property" elements and/or one or more elements
   representing rule actions, i.e. "execute" elements.

My interpretation of the above is that the "property" element is
defined as "rule condition" that may contain other rule conditions and
rule actions. In other words, property element is the rule itself:

        if "condition" then do "action"

This should be clarified. Either "property" is a condition or it is an
action. If it is a condition (logical expression), then why is it
called "property"? If it is both condition and action, then why it is
not called a "rule"?