Decision on Rules Language

2003-09-12 11:54:23

Folks,

in order to move forward with the rules language, we'd like to do the following:

Since both proposals - IRML and "P" - can basically do the job, it's more a question of personal style preference. From the discussions on this mailing list, it looks like only two people are leaning toward IRML, while four are leaning toward "P".

As such, we'd like to move forward with "P" and drop IRML.

As mentioned earlier, we'd assume that the "P" syntax as specified so far is accepted and we won't have to start discussions on syntax modifications.

We're already late with the rules document, so we'd expect a first WG document on "P" to be published by 9/20. Alex, can you please take the responsibility to do so. Andre indicated that he'd be available to help and write text as well, if this would be helpful, please get in touch with him.

Thanks,
  Markus and Marshall