RE: feedback on draft-ietf-opes-end-comm-04

2003-10-21 11:16:58

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Abbie Barbir wrote:

I could make it both a SHOULD. But does this result that tracing in
the system is not a MUST.

OPES System MUST still trace itself, right?
Alex, if your ploicy trun all processor off, then u r not compliant.

Why? I am not violating the "support" requirement above.

Alex.

If tracing is off for all, then u r not supporting tracing.

What does it mean to support tracing, then? The way you wrote it, I
interpret "support" as "having a feature in the code" (that can be
configured to be enabled or disabled). Does it mean something else?

This argument is exactly why I think the requirement in question is
bogus (not well defined, unclear, or imprecise) and should be deleted.