Re: Incorrect incoming HTTP messages

2003-10-24 10:50:25

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Martin Stecher wrote:

Re: section 2.6 HTTP Header Correctness of HTTP adaptation draft

What do you think about changing the beginning of section 2.6 from
current "HTTP OPES processors MUST ensure..." to "When communicating
with other HTTP applications, OPES processors MUST ensure..."

Sounds OK, just delete the word "other". Ideally, I would prefer
something that better reflects the diagram below, but cannot suggest a
specific wording.

On the other hand the OPES processor has a problem if it trusts an
incorrect incoming Content-Length header and therefore sends an
incorrect AM-EL size. Is there anything we could do against this?
Should we document this in any way?

Let's assume this is out of OCP scope and is only a concern for the
"HTTP part" of the processor:

        HTTP <--> internal representation <--> OCP

We should only be concerned with the right interface/link/logic, and
we have to assume that we are getting valid information from the left
part, I guess (i.e., that original internal representation is valid).