Communication draft issues for f2f discussion

2003-11-06 12:45:18

Hi,

        I have already sent comments on the latest Communications
draft (Subject: Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-end-comm-05). The
ones marked with "S" could be worth discussing at the meeting. Here
is a high-level summary:

        1. At what requirement level should OPES System
           be traced?

        2. At what requirement level should OPES processor
           be traced?

        3. Should the draft have requirements for other
           specifications? For example, "application
           binding specs MUST document X and Y".

        4. Polish/discuss Trace and Tracing definitions.

        5. Do we trace the order of service invocations
           or service completions or something else? See S6
           and related discussion/items.

        6. [S19: Does bypass semantics mean "give OPES version if
            non-OPES is not available" or "give an error if non-OPES
            is not available"? This is very important to document
            clearly because it affects bypass design/rules a lot.]

        7. [S25: What can be bypassed? What does it mean to bypass X?]
           Things to consider are "*" URIs and bypassing OPES
           processors down the stream. Can processors be bypassed
           at all?

        8. Do we allow trace manipulations (see S31)?

        9. Should we use a single HTTP header for all
           trace entries to preserve order? If yes, how
           to distinguish one OPES system entries from
           another? This issue affects Tracing examples and
           may affect some draft requirements as well.

Thank you,