SMTP adaptation conflicts with other WGs

2004-07-13 22:07:40

Has anybody looked at potential SMTP-work overlap with LEMONADE WG?
They seem to focus on IMAP, but their problem is what OPES solutions
are supposed to solve:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/lemonade-charter.html
Lemonade is tasked to provide a set of enhancements and profiles of
Internet email submission, transport, and retrieval protocols to
facilitate operation on platforms with constrained resources, or
communications links with high latency or limited bandwidth.

Are there any other WG with similar work items? LEMONADE charter
mentions: VPIM, FAX, and IMAPEXT IETF working groups.

Should we make sure we are not stepping on other WG toes? How? Or will
our AD insure that, once we have a polished charter?