Re: New OPES Co-Chair

2004-08-04 10:51:52

Alex Rousskov wrote:

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Markus Hofmann wrote:
good news - Tony Hansen agreed to take on the vacant role as OPES
Co-Chair. His SMTP expertise will be very helpful for our planned
SMTP work.

Tony will already be on board for the upcoming San Diego meeting on
Tuesday. Please welcome Tony.

Welcome, Tony!

Thank you, Alex.

I wonder if your work on SMTP message tracking would be
directly applicable to OPES requirement to track OPES services.

It looks to me that OPES processors or services could use MSGTRK
protocol to relay information about OPES adaptations performed on the
message. We would probably have to define some OPES extensions for
Per-Message MTSN Fields (Section 3.2 in draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05),
right?

For example, we could define an extension field to list identifiers of
OPES services that touched the message while it was in transit through
an OPES MTA. Or am I completely off-track here?

At first glance, your analysis appears correct.

What is the implementation status of MSGTRK RFCs?

The MSGTRK RFCs are in the RFC Editor queues at the moment.

I've been told that various vendors have committed to bring out implementations. I haven't seen any yet, however.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com