Re: Nibutes from San Diego

2004-08-30 08:05:01

Understood, thanks! If RE are introduced, they will be usable as boolean expressions (at least) in if-statement guards.

Alex.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman wrote:

If a rule has the form

 IF P THEN DO A
(sometimes written P -> A as operational semantics)

then I'll call P the lefthand side or precondition or predicate.

Some examples are

 if (http:response:header:set-cookie ~= "RMID=\([^;]*]" ) then
    munge_cookie ( $1 )

 if (http:content-type ~= "^text") and
      (  set_of (http:body:img:src ) ~= "[/]images/global[/]") then
    rewrite_images ()

etc.

Hilarie

 On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Markus Hofmann wrote:

> Hilarie Orman expressed a preference for having P support regular
> expressions in the lefthand side of rules,

 Hilarie,

           Can you give an example or two of a regular expression in the
 lefthand side of rules? What is "lefthand side of rules"? Just trying
 to understand what the requirement is here...