Re: OPES Rules Language

2005-06-09 13:54:12

On Thu, 2005/06/09 (MDT), <info(_at_)utel(_dot_)net> wrote:

For that to work, I think we need to have a simple enough language neutral to ASCII strings (commands and processed text).

If I understand your intent correctly, there are two rather different
problems here: programmer-language (keywords) neutrality and content-language
(data on the wire) neutrality. P/Sieve must be neutral to the language of
the data on the wire, of course.

I doubt this group has enough energy and motivation to support the former;
P/Sieve programmers will most likely have to use English keywords. Said
that, it would be a trivial task (from technical point of view) to provide
alternative keyword codings so that non-english programmers feel more
confortable. For some reason, popular programming language standards do not
offer that kind of flexibility (AFAIK).