Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-smtp-use-cases-02.txt

2005-07-07 09:32:26

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Siemborski" <robsiemb(_at_)google(_dot_)com>

draft-crocker-email-arch is a great document.
As an individual draft that has not yet been published as RFC how
much sense does it make to refer and wait for that?

Dave -- do you have any idea when draft-crocker-email-arch might be
seeing a last call?

Rob,

[Side note]

Just so you know, this document only recognizes Seive as the official
Internet Email Filtering component.

I specifically argued against this specific usage as there could be any,
what I call "Mail Filter Agent" (MFA) hooked into the system such as OPES
and others in mind which currently operate in the real world (i.e., Spam
Assasin).  But this general point of MFA recognition didn't seem to get
anywhere.

In my opinion, Dave will have to finally recognized the generality of a MFA
and add it to the document, among other things, so that a OPES based MFA can
be recognized.

http://www.santronics.com