Re: Document Action: 'Integrity, privacy and security in OPES for SMTP' to Informational RFC

2007-03-14 10:02:57

Thank you to the Chairs and ADs. A clear IAB analysis, a clearly understood charter, dedicated authors and open minded members. Thanks to everyone.

May I suggest that we continue relating on OPES in the following context. Since the beginning my interest is in the support of the DNS to be able to massage DNS requests and responses in order to support ML.ML, Classes, DDDS relations, etc. without modifying the ends. Also, in what I call the ONES (Open Networked Extended Services), that is to say specialized networks of call-out servers.

I think that the debated Multi-Level addressing and the Multitopology approaches enter into that category. OPES could help the transition to, a good location for OPES being for example NATs, helping reducing progressively their specificities and transitioning to IPv6 or multi-IPvX. I think also that OPES could be a very simple way to get adjencies information and manage routing through meshed or distributed supervisory functions. Their role in multilingualisation (localisation of the globalisation, globalisation=internationalisation of the medium + localisation of the end) can also be important.

It could be great to have a site for assembling the links on OPES issues. I am considering a site with an African R&D center to that end and MoUs with various SSDOs and Academic institutions. There would be the RFCs, the texts and the open source software you could give us access to.

Question: can I cite this mailing list (can people still register and access archives?).
jfc