Re: Simplifying S/MIME v3

1997-10-15 04:17:25
At 04:21 PM 10/14/97 -0400, John Pawling wrote:
All,

I am forwarding Peter Williams' response to my earlier message because I
believe that it important for everyone to know of his reasons for requesting
continued support of the SignedAndEnvelopedData content type in the "S/MIME
v3" set of specifications.  Please respect his request that he no longer
wishes to take part directly in the debate of this issue.

Is there anybody else who has an opinion regarding the continued support of
the SignedAndEnvelopedData content type in the "S/MIME v3" set of
specifications??

I have scanned through that, and feel there are some very important issues
being raised.  But I do not understand enough of what is being said to make
a judgement.  Can anyone point me to a reasonably concise tutorial
(preferably on the 'net) of the issues being discussed here?

GK.
---

Graham Klyne
GK(_at_)ACM(_dot_)ORG