S/MIME Version 3 Message Specification draft is now available

1997-11-05 17:22:32
The first draft of "S/MIME Version 3 Message Specification" is now
available at
<ftp://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ramsdell-smime-msg-00.txt> (Paul
will copy it to the IMC site later.  This draft describes the S/MIME v3
usage of the Cryptographic Message Syntax draft.  There is an appendix
with the changes from S/MIME v2.

Have at it.  Here are the open issues that I know about, and any insight
would be welcome.

Section 2.5.2 Add certs as an authenticatedAttribute
[DH] is undefined in section 2.3
[DH-DSS] is undefined in section 2.2
Need OIDs for Diffie-Hellman and Diffie-Hellman/DSS
Is the terminology correct for Diffie-Hellman for encryption vs.
signing?
What do we need to do for 4.1 in order to make it Diffie-Hellman?

Blake C. Ramsdell
Worldtalk Corporation
For current info, check http://www.deming.com/users/blaker
Voice +1 425 882 8861 x103  Fax +1 425 882 8060