Re: ESS-00 Mixing X.208 and X.680

1997-11-05 19:59:26
Such ASN.1 usage will certainly break tools that correctly implement
the ASN.1 standards. I'm not sure why there's so much reluctance to
migrate to ASN.1:1994. It's a better tool, in my opinion, for designing
specifications than X.208-X.209.

Is the reluctance simply fear of the unknown? Anyone who has invested the
effort to understand the 1994 version of ASN.1 realises that it provides a
significantly more powerful tool which creates much more precise syntactic
specifications. To illustrate this I will produce modules conforming to the
1994 ASN.1 version, and circulate these to this list.

Jim