RE: Incorporate some PKCS#7 V2.0 items into CMS

1997-12-31 06:39:03
All,

I now agree with Jim's recommended addition of otherKeyId to
ReceipientIdentifier.  I also agree with Paul that the S/MIME v3 Msg and
Cert specs already specify that X.509 Certs MUST be used in conjunction with
S/MIME msgs.  In summary, I believe that it is appropriate for the CMS spec
to accommmodate non-X.509 certs, but S/MIME msgs MUST use X.509 certs.

John Pawling
jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc.