Re: Tolerance on Message Digest Attribute

1998-01-27 17:39:27
Dave & Eric:

I understand the security issue.  The recipient must recompute the message
digest.  However, vendors have been very clear that they want CMS to be
backward compatible with PKCS#7v1.5.  So, in the last version of CMS, I
included text requiring the recipinet to recompute the message digest.

Russ