ESS-02 MLA Receipt Policies

1998-02-20 08:59:12
First, two minor typos in the table in section 4.3:

The entry for "A's policy is missing" and "B's policy is inAdditionTo"
is misspelled.  "inAddtionTo(B)" should be "inAdditionTo(B)".

The entry for "B's policy is missing" and "A's policy is inAdditionTo"
is misspelled.  "inAditionTo" should be "inAdditionTo".

Now I need to understand something about the intended union of the
policies.  Consider this case:

A's policy is insteadOf, and B's policy is inAdditionTo.  The table
says the union is insteadOf(A+B).  Does this mean the effective policy
is the union of A's insteadOf names and B's inAdditionTo names to yield
insteadOf(insteadOf(A) + inAdditionTo(B))?  I know there aren't any other
names available, but the table entry makes it look like there should be
insteadOf names for B.

----->
Scott Hollenbeck (mailto:hollenbe(_at_)east(_dot_)xsis(_dot_)xerox(_dot_)com)
Xerox Special Information Systems
Arlington, Virginia, USA