Re: Another CMS-03 Comment

1998-02-23 11:33:16
All,

Dave's proposal is fine with me.  The intent of my comment was to remove the
typo in Russ' original proposal which mixed "Unauth" and "auth" as follows:

"UnauthAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
  authAttrType OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
  authAttrValues SET OF AttributeValue }"

================================
John Pawling
jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc.
================================

At 12:59 PM 2/23/98 -0500, David P. Kemp wrote:
From: jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com (John Pawling)

   ... proposed by Russ as follows:

UnauthAttributes ::= SET OF UnauthAttribute

UnauthAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
   unAuthAttrType    OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
   unAuthAttrValues  SET OF AttributeValue }

AttributeValue ::= ANY

Just as a matter of style, why pick different names for the internal
elements of each structure.  It seem cleaner to me to reuse the
internal identifiers within each structure.

In other words, what is the rationale for making up a new identifier
"unAuthAttrType" instead of using the existing identifier "type".

I propose:

     AuthAttributes ::= SET SIZE(1..MAX) OF AuthAttribute

     AuthAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
         type       OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
         critical   BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE,
         values     SET OF AttributeValue }

     UnauthAttributes ::= SET SIZE(1..MAX) OF UnauthAttribute

     UnauthAttribute ::= SEQUENCE {
         type       OBJECT IDENTIFIER,