Re: ESS-02 MLA and OriginatorInfo

1998-02-26 09:36:55
All, I agree with Scott. - John Pawling

At 07:52 AM 2/26/98 PST, Scott Hollenbeck wrote:
Section 4.2.1 of ESS-02 describes MLA processing of an EnvelopedData
message.  It correctly describes how the MLA must replace existing
RecipientInfo structures with new structures created for each list
member.  However, I think we've left something out because the MLA
must also replace the existing OriginatorInfo structure and we don't
mention that anywhere.

I suggest we move the current paragraphs numbered 3 and 4 to 4 and 5
respectively, and add a new paragraph 3 as follows:

"3. The MLA removes the existing originatorInfo field and replaces
it with a new originatorInfo value built from information describing
the MLA."

----->
Scott Hollenbeck (mailto:hollenbe(_at_)east(_dot_)xsis(_dot_)xerox(_dot_)com)
Xerox Special Information Systems
Arlington, Virginia, USA