RE: Signed Label (was RE: 'Signature Purpose' attribute?)

1998-04-01 23:25:03
Tim:

Your note has a huge impact.  You point out that the message originator
cannot ensure that the recipient will honor any attributbes in SignerInfo,
even if they are marked critical.  For example, the recipient can ignore
the critical attribute containing the security label.

Here at the IETF meeting, I have asked several people about the usefulness
of critical attributes.  Of the people that I polled, no one supports them.
 At this point, I am planning to remove critical attributes from the next
draft of the CMS document.

Russ