Re: SigningCertificate and IssuerAndSerialNumber.

1998-05-14 19:16:31
Russ Housley wrote:

If IssuerAndSerialNumber is sufficient for specifying a cerrtificate in a
CRL, then what makes it insufficient here?

Russ

I would say that one difference is that a CRL has IssuerAndSerialNumber
and an issuer signature. I would also (not too seriously) argue that
there is not much use in substituting one revoked certificate for
another :-)

All I'm really saying is why have a weaker, duplicating bind when you
can have a stronger, smaller one with minimal extra effort?

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.
UK based freelance Cryptographic Consultant. For info see homepage.