Re: Proposed Section 12 for CMS draft

1998-07-14 09:55:49
Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman(_at_)imc(_dot_)org> writes:

At 09:58 PM 7/13/98 -0700, Jim Schaad (Exchange) wrote:
1.  Section 12.2.1 - The DSA section is referering to our D-H draft.  I
expect it should be refering to a FIPS standard.

I thought the whole idea of our D-H draft was so we didn't have to rely on
the FIPS draft, which is still a draft and not finished. Did I get
something wrong here?
You're confusing DSA with DH. DSA _is_ a FIPS, not a draft. DH (X9.42)
is a draft.

2.  Section 12.2.1 - Should include a statement to the effect that if the
parameters are omitted they are inherited from the signing certificate. (I
may be wrong on this statement.)

Opinions from the rest of the crowd on this?
Yes. I'll comment on this in my comments on your draft
(as opposed to my comments on Jim's comments).

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                             Terisa Systems, Inc.]
                "Put it in the top slot."