Re: EntityIdentifier Definition

1998-08-24 05:17:22
Robert,

You are correct.  EntityIdentifier used to be defined in CMS but was deleted
when the RecipientInfo syntax was changed.  I believe that the ESS ASN.1
module should directly include EntityIdentifier as follows:

EntityIdentifier ::= CHOICE {
  issuerAndSerialNumber IssuerAndSerialNumber,
  subjectKeyIdentifier SubjectKeyIdentifier }

The ESS ASN.1 module should also be changed so that it no longer imports
EntityIdentifier from CMS.  Instead, it should import IssuerAndSerialNumber
from CMS.

John Pawling, jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc.
www.jgvandyke.com