RE: Countersignature Attribute

1998-09-16 12:23:38
At Steve's suggestion I looked through the CAPI code which has shipped on NT
and found the following.  (Please not this is not used by any of the mail
products today but exists in public APIs).

1.  There may be multiple counter signature attributes in the
unauthencticated attributes (no enforement otherwise and no implicit relying
on one attribute in the code).

2.  There may be multiple counter signature values within a single
attribute.

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr Stephen Henson
[mailto:shenson(_at_)drh-consultancy(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 1998 3:03 PM
To: Jim Schaad (Exchange)
Cc: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Countersignature Attribute

Jim Schaad (Exchange) wrote:

I don't know about other products, but Outlook and OE tooke the approach
of
ignoring countersignatures.

Jim,

I seem to recall there are functions in MS CryptoAPI for adding
countersignatures. I haven't used them myself but can you comment on
whether multiple countersignatures can be added and if so what format it
uses?

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. UK based freelance Cryptographic Consultant.
For info see homepage at http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/