Re: CMS: Comment on checksum algorithm.

1998-11-14 19:57:50
Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:

Er, I really don't like "left" and "right", since a fair number of people
in the world write from right to left. I propose:

most significant (first) octet to least significant (last) octet

Yes I'll go with that. "First" and "last" were the terms used in a
similar (but not identical) algorithm mentioned in the PKCS#11 spec.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. UK based freelance Cryptographic Consultant.
For info see homepage at http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/