RE: Last Call comments on the Message And Certificate Drafts

1999-01-29 17:00:29
After re-reading this, I think John is probably correct.

jim

-----Original Message-----
From: jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com [mailto:jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 1999 3:06 PM
To: Ietf-Smime (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Last Call comments on the Message And Certificate Drafts

All,

I respectfully disagree with Jim and Blake regarding the attached message
exchange.  The intent of the Cert I-D is to specify cert processing
requirements in addition to those defined in PKIX I.  IMHO, the last
sentence in the first para in Section 1 should be changed to state:  "S/MIME
agents MUST meet the certificate processing requirements documented in this
I-D in addition to those stated in [KEYM]."

- John Pawling