Re: A New Triple-DES Key Wrap Algorithm

1999-02-26 18:00:54
I have a pseudo-random number generator that I am working on for a different
project.  I put a 0x484848...484848 seed into it and generated the IVs.  Since
no one has ever looked at that design I will get some new ones from a better
source.

The issue isn't the quality of the numbers, it's a question of verifiability -
the numbers should be from a source which anyone can check, eg hex digits of
pi, e, sqrt( 2 ), whatever.  This is why algorithms like the MDx's and SHA use
well-known, verifiable values.

Peter.