RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-idea-00.txt

1999-04-06 09:44:57
At 01:43 PM 4/6/99 +0200, Teiwes, Stephan (Ascom Systec AG) wrote:
       We have written our draft with the intention to support developers
with important implementation and application information. Since not every
SW developer in IT-security is an expert in S/MIME, we believe it is
required to give more than just the OID and licensing information. However,
we are thankful for every helpful comment to make the draft clearer for a
better understanding.

I strongly disagree with your intention on the draft, then. If you repeat any information from -msg and you do it in a way that is not exact quotation, you do a disservice to the S/MIME community by giving your own interpretation of the standard. And, if you do use extensive quoting, you're wasting paper. Give as little information as needed and refer to the standard for everything else.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium